Our office has followed guidelines and recommendations set by The American Dental Association, The Center For Disease Control, and The Texas Dental Board. Some of the many precautions our office is taking include:
- Laser Dentistry-Our dental laser provides our office with significant benefits for both hard and soft tissue procedures as compared to the traditional drill, especially in a post COVID-19 environment. This all-tissue dental laser significantly reduces aerosols and splatter through less water flow and air pressure, kills viruses and bacteria wherever the beam comes in contact.
- Pre-Procedural Rinses- All patients, regardless of procedure, are ask to pre-rinse with an iodine based mouth-rinse. As the SARS-CoV-2 virus continues to impact our daily lives, companies such as Iotech International and Mundipharma Singapore have made strides forward in protecting both dental teams and their patients. Researchers have determined the rinse used in our office can kill 99.99% of the virus that causes COVID-19 within 30 seconds which is why we ask our patients to utilize it prior to their procedure regardless of showing any signs or symptoms.
- Pre-Screening of all patients- All patients are asked to fill out a pre-screen form prior to being taken back that include medical history review, travel history, review of any possible signs or symptoms, as well as the recorded temperature at time of arrival.
- PPE and Cleaning Procedures- Many new procedures have been put in place to protect our patients some of which include: 15 minute room soak between each and every patient, staggered dental appointments to prevent multiple people in our ops at the same time, posted reminders that masks are required to enter the office and are to be worn unless in a treatment chair, N95/KN95 masks worn by all staff members along with an additional level 3 mask, face shields on all providers, disposable gowns, hand sanitation stations located throughout office, and disinfection of all common areas every hour. While some of these protocols our office had in place prior to COVID 19, additional measures are taken every day to ensure the safety of our patients and our staff.
- Outside Of The Office- Weekly meetings regarding the status of COVID cases in our local area and review of protocols. We encourage all staff members to be vigilant and continue to monitor for symptoms when not at the office. We encourage our team to follow certain recommendations which include but are not limited to: Avoid public places, spray shoes with disinfectant prior to entering house or leave in garage, continue to wash hands frequently, maintain immaculate hygiene, and monitor temperature of family and self at home.
There is nothing more important to our team than the safety of our patients!
Please continue to wear a mask and wash your hands multiple times a day!